January 16th, 2024
Starting January 15, families can register their child(ren) for:
Join us at the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) in Fall 2024!
We are dedicated to ensuring that your children receive an education supporting their full potential from kindergarten to graduation. Our commitment includes:
- Providing a welcoming, secure, respectful, and nurturing environment
- Fostering a sense of belonging and connection through diverse experiences
Kindergarten plays a crucial role in laying a strong foundation for learning within a safe and caring play-based setting. It allows students to develop essential skills in literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional learning.
Who can register for Kindergarten?
- Children born in 2020 are eligible for Junior Kindergarten
- Children born in 2019 are eligible for Senior Kindergarten
If your child is already enrolled in Junior Kindergarten, you do not need to register again.
What information do I need to register my child for Kindergarten?
After completing the online registration, you will be invited to an appointment to review your registration documents in your home school. You will receive this invitation after January 22, 2024.
During the appointment, we need to review the following documents to complete the registration:
- Proof of Address
- Utility bill, tax bill, property insurance bill, proof of Ontario Property Assessment Notice, or purchase/lease agreement.
- Proof of Birth (original documents required)
- Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian birth registration, Canadian citizenship card or statement of live birth (Canada).
- Proof of Custody where applicable
- Custody orders, court-ordered Guardianship
- Student Immunization Information
- Submit your child’s immunization information online directly to the Region of Waterloo Public Health.
- Immigration Documents where required
- Contact our International Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
New to Canada? To register any student who does not have Canadian citizenship or permanent resident documents:
- Please contact our international admissions office at email@example.com
You can read more about requirements for international families on our website.
Looking for information on child care programs?
Registration for WRDSB Before and After School programs is now open! These programs qualify for the reduced daily rate under the Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC) Agreement.
To learn more about the programs and how to register, please visit our Before and After School Program website.
We can’t wait to welcome your child(ren) to Kindergarten at the WRDSB! To learn more about the next step in your child’s journey, please visit the Kindergarten website.